It gives me great pleasure to provide a brief outline of Shipatrao Kadam Mahavidyalaya, (S.K.M.). The institute is run by the Rayat Shikshan Sanstha, Satara, one of the prestigious 'Sanstha', leader in mass education; established in the year 1919 with the aim of imparting education to the downtrodden masses. It was founded by late Padmabhushan Dr. Karmaveer Bhaurao Patil. SKM is a prime institute known for its excellent performance and attractive campus amongst all rural colleges affiliated to Shivaji University. It has been rendering educational as well as social responsibilities ardently since its establishment in 1983 and working for all-round development of students. Since its establishment, the institute has been flourishing in its strength and standard. The overall, academic, co-curricular, cultural and social performance of our college has been consistently good for years. On this basis, it has been reaccredited (CGPA 2.73) at the ‘B’ level by NAAC. The Institute offers academic education in various Arts, Computer and Commerce courses. It has spacious, well ventilated and illuminated classrooms. To achieve the all-round development of our students, the institute offers various extracurricular activities like sports, NCC, NSS, Youth festival (Cultural activities), Subhanmangal (College magazine), Earn & Learn Scheme, Competitive Examination Guidance Centre, Art Circle, Nature Club, Health services, etc. Our Institute has highly qualified and well-experienced teaching staff. .Institute is in a position to go through third cycle reaccreditation shortly in 2016-2017. I hope the institute will prosper academically in the future because we, the faculty, students, alumni together are walking on the road paved by the great visionary of Maharashtra & our founder Padmabhushan Dr.Karmveer Bhaurao Patil.
Dr. Manjushri Vilasrao Bobade
and gives us the right stuff to turn our dream into reality.
"Education through self-help" is our motto.
"To provide skill based quality higher education, human values, and trigger potentials for enhancing employability skills among the rural students for building the nation."
- • To avail of the opportunity of higher education to the educationally deprived students irrespective of gender, caste, class and economic status.
- • To inculcate the dignity of labor and education through self-help.
- • To contribute to the development of socio- economically disadvantaged students through quality education.
- • To provide life skills, soft skills, entrepreneurial skills, value education and ICT based learning to the students to enable them to meet the global challenges.
- • To strive for the environmental awareness and sustainability by establishing linkages and collaboration with various GOs and NGOs.
- To make relentless efforts for spread of education among the classes and communities, which are socially and educationally underprivileged.
- To create a fine team of capable researchers / teachers with great thirst for knowledge and scientific curiosity.
- To develop the personality and character of students by imparting value education.